Thursday, February 25, 2010

So this sucks...

I found out today that I wasn't going to be accepted to the music major because my vocal audition score was just below the score I needed to be considered. How lame is that!? The people that told me this depressing news told me that if I took vocal lessons I would no doubt make the cut. (If only I had been able to take voice lessons ever)SO now I have no idea what I want to do. I can work on everything and reaudition or I can start working towards a El Ed major with a minor in music... So lame! The interviewer even told me that if I took vocal lessons I would be a "hard contender" for a music ed major, whatever that means. It was a good experience and if I decide to audition again the feedback I received would be helpful. Hmmmm...
Well not that I really feel this way but I do love these demotivational posters:




And just for fun...


So the funniest thing I have heard all week happened in clogging. My teacher likes to start class by asking if anyone has an inspirational thought to share with the class. On Monday one girl shared a thought about happiness and after that the teacher asked the class "so what is an example of instant gratification in terms of happiness" a girl in the class obviously answers "chocolate" while a boy in the class says, rather loudly, "oatmeal!" The whole class looked at the boy and the teacher said "Oatmeal?" the boy then replies "yeah you know like instant oatmeal instead of the kind you have to cook. You are never really full when you eat that stuff" Hilarious right!?

2 comments:

  1. Hard Contender = probably a good thing. = a good chance of making it!

    Oh boys... ;) LOVE that class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you didn't make the program you were hoping to make. You never know when something bad actually ends up being something good!

    ReplyDelete