Sunday, February 14, 2010

I've been dreaming...

of a true love's kiss, and a prince I'm hoping comes with this... Just kidding but considering it's Valentines day :)
So I feel really bad but I borrowed Amy's beaters to make frosting for a cake I was making. Let me just say this was the most difficult cake I have ever made!!!! First I halfed the recipe because when I make a full cake no one ends up eating the whole thing and it drives me crazy! Well I was doing really well with halving everything until I added the milk! I used the wrong measuring cup and had a ditzy moment... I ended up adding one cup of extra milk!!!! If that wasn't disastrous enough when I was making the frosting (7 Min of course, thats why I needed the beaters) in my makeshift double boiler the pan kept moving around so Morgan ended up helping me by beating the frosting while I held the pan steady. Sounds perfect right? Not! We were doing fine and moving towards the end of the 7 Min and then with one and a half min left for the frosting the beaters broke!!! How did the beaters break you ask? Let me explain... First one part of the beater disconnected itself from the rest of the beater by snapping off. As soon as that happened we turned the beater off but by the time we turned off the beater the part still connected had twisted itself around the rest of the beater!!!! Crazy huh!?




Isn't that just sad!?
Well after the cake catastrophe I went to Amy's for dinner She had made roast and it was delicious! We then sat around and told stories about first kisses (or lack of then they headed for the fireside while I went back to my apartment and Morgan and Josh came back over to play games...

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad!! hahahaha!! But super funny! I wish I could have seen that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete