Thursday, February 7, 2013

Teachers

This semester I have some of the most amazing and most confusing teachers I have ever had in school. Right now I am going to focus on one of those amazing teachers... This teacher's main focus is us. She wants to prepare us for a future of teaching and she wants to tailor her teaching to our needs. At the beginning of the semester she asked us what we wanted to learn so we made lists. She took those lists and created our schedule for the semester. She has many connections and has used those connections to  provide us with special guest speakers to inform us. The thing I like the most about this teacher is... She is real. She understands that time is a limit and recognizes that what we are taught is not always the most practical but she tries to make it so.

Anyway to the point of this blogpost... The other day this teacher started a discussion, realized it was going nowhere and changed the objective of her lesson all in the space of 5 minutes! I want to be that type of teacher... I want to be the teacher that understands what her students need and can recognize when the plan isn't working. I want to be the kind of teacher that can change my direction without a second thought because that is what is best for my students.


By the way I am taking the PRAXIS today. I'm past the point of studying... In case this blog post didn't tip you off but I figure whatever happens happens, right?

By the way I love this version of the song!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment