Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's here!

Practicum started today... I am one step closer to having my own classroom. This is my second time joining another teachers classroom and I am psyched!!! For those of you who are wondering what practicum is let me explain. For a month I get to go into a classroom and observe/teach/learn it is a great way to prepare for student teaching or an internship. Last semester I was able to spend some time with some amazing first graders and this semester I get the chance to meet some fifth graders.

Today I didn't actually get to meet my kids, that will happen tomorrow. Today, for half the day, I met my teacher and got to talk to her about things. It was great! She seems awesome and very organized (She already gave me a list of what I am going to teach next week). I am so excited I can't wait to meet the kids and let them meet me tomorrow. The other half of the day I was able to sub in another teachers classroom as she met her practicum student. It was great. I think my favorite part was when one of the students came up to me and said, "Those boy's over there talking are called the five, they cause problems for us". Is it bad that I wanted to laugh at that? (Don't worry I kept it inside)

After I got home I went shopping... I was able to find a new dress and a few other teacher outfits. I love having an excuse to go shopping and I feel justified in counting new teacher outfits as a reason to go to the store... Also tonight was Dinner with a Principal it was amazing to have the chance to talk to potential employers, very enlightening. Well I think that's it for now.

My Excitement for today...
My new dress


My kids from last semester... (They are hiding in their costumes so hopefully this picture is okay?)

No comments:

Post a Comment