Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ramblings...

It has been a while but tonight I felt like sharing what has been on my mind:

1) PRACTICUM starts THURSDAY!!!!! I am so stinkin' excited! This semester I will be working in a fifth grade classroom out in Mapleton. I can't wait to meet my students!

2)This snow needs to go... Don't get me wrong I love the snow as much as any other kind of weather but last Saturday at 11:00 I was laying by the window in the sun, this Saturday at 11:00 I was sitting across from the window watching the snow fall. Also I almost got in a crash due to the ice on the road but that is a story for another time...

3) My grandma Fiso has been in the hospital since Wednesday and has everyone worried. Everyone has been coming to visit her. So many people were coming that she was moved to a bigger room to accommodate everyone. Before she switched rooms one of my cousins came to visit (at a time when a lot of people were visiting) when she got to the room she said "This room is so small, why are they not prepared for Polynesian families?" It was soon after that grandma moved rooms.
       For a while she was not herself but I keep seeing her personality come out and that makes me so happy! At the hospital they have her on a BiPAP machine which helps to keep her oxygen levels up but she hates having the mask on her face and continuously rips it off, recently they have tied down her hands to ensure that she does not take of the BiPAP. Before they taped down her hands she pulled of the mask while her family was in the room we all tried to get it back on her but she wouldn't let us. One of the nurses came in to put it on her. While the nurse was trying to get it back on my parents were holding down grandmas hands and grandma was yelling (as well as she could) "No, I said no and I meant no!" The nurse finally got the mask on grandma's face and before securing it said "Pat, this is to help you. I know you don't like it but it is important for your health." It was then that grandma stated, "If you don't take your hand off of me there is going to be a war in here!" As sad as the situation was I couldn't help but laugh inside. It made me happy to see that my grandma still had her personality about her. Things are looking up but there is still no expected release date for her.

4) Lu'au tickets go on sale Friday!!! Everyone should come!

5) Psych comes back Wednesday!

6) I am rereading one of my favorite books and I found this quote inside of it that I love... "You don't love someone because they are perfect... You love them in spite of the fact that they're not" I love this because it helps me to keep a perspective. I know that it is hard to recognize that everyone has their faults but once you realize that it is not only you with faults you realize that you can work through the faults and grow from them. When you love someone no matter what you are not only loving them for who they are but who they may become.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandma in the hospital. That is no fun. I hope she gets better soon. Good luck with practicum! That will be so much fun! I know your students will love you!

    ReplyDelete