Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life

So life has been happening and I haven't had time for updating this blog but figured I should now... I'm staying up until I register for classes.

So a couple weeks ago the week of the 22 was crazy busy! I had 4 tests, two papers, and practice and performances for Lu'au. Proud to say I passed all of my tests and Lu'au was AMAZING I did it with Stephanie, Karmila, Kimber, and my cousin Vao played the drums!!! I did not realize how much I missed performing but I was so happy to be performing even for a couple of nights. Lu'au was fun but at the same time was so stressful! We never actually got our costumes and we are still waiting for our refunds. We did work out replacement costumes though. We borrowed some from living legends and some from the Polynesian teacher at BYU. I absolutely loved the costume I ended up in. For Lu'au I did the Samoan section and was lucky enough to perform in all of the girl dances for the section! :) I loved doing Lu'au and am so excited for next year, hopefully we will actually get our costumes... In the busyness of that week I became a horrible sister and forgot to call my brother on his birthday!!!! But I apologized and we are good :)

My hair and make-up is done... Just hoping for a costume.

Stephanie and I in our Samoan Costumes and Kimber in her Tahitian Costume

Cousins!!

Kimber: I just feel so special you all want pictures with me!
Stephanie: Not you! Your costume! (Snap picture)

The Stage, see all of those seats? they ended up full so...

...Grandpa had to hope for some tickets (Always purchase tickets in advance)
More recently...
I was asked to do an interview about the Lu'au with a reporter from Eagle's Eye magazine, for multicultural services, and felt like such a dork doing it! I'm sure I was just babbling the whole time... I tend to do that a lot. The funny thing is someone recommended the interviewer talk to me and that's why he asked me. I really want to know who went and did that!? ;)

Conference was amazing and I actually got to attend a session with Stephanie, Lisa, and Dan! We went to the Saturday afternoon session and it was so much fun! I don't remember ever going before and just have to say that I thought it was so cute at the end of conference, while the apostles were walking out, each apostles would wait by the stairs for his wife and then they would walk out together... So cute!!!

I think that's all the interesting aspects of my life for now... Oh wait only five more actual days of school left!!!! I have a concert coming up, ask me about it, and I register for Fall tonight... Ok that's really everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment