Saturday, March 31, 2018

Let go of the egg!

This month has been more than I bargained for. There have been some highs and some lows but through it all one thing has been ever present: CHANGE!!!

I've always thought myself a fan of change. I love the change in the seasons, the change of years, the change of schedules. I love the feel of something new, the chance to make changes for myself to help me improve. I even talked about change in December and how we grow through change.

But this month I've learned that, regardless of my love for change, there comes a point when things get overwhelming. I feel like this image from despair.com says it well...


Right now, the idea of one more change might just push me over the edge. I've already had enough changes that there have been tears and that's not something that happens often.

I like to think of myself as a calm person. I take pride in the fact that I am very flexible when it comes to new things so it shocked me but there was too much this month, it ended up being difficult.

This morning session of conference helped a lot! One major theme I noticed was the focus on how God knows what we need and when we have our divine identity in mind other things fall into place. I needed that. It's important to recognize that the Lord has perspective on what we need! I love the following quote attributed to C.S. Lewis: "It may be hard for an egg to turn it into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." I have been very resistant to new things recently and I have, by my own making, created some of the problems I have been struggling with. I need to let the egg crack and recognize that something new is coming and it will be good!

Instead of relying on myself, I need to rely more on the Lord and accept the changes he has in store for me. He loves me and will not do anything to hurt me. When I accept His will I will be strengthened and grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment