Tuesday, June 4, 2013

If 'a dream is a wish your heart makes'...

... then I have some pretty bizarre wishes! I never ever remember my dreams, everyone has been sharing their 'teacher' dreams with me and I haven't remembered mine. But, it has happened, I had my first 'teacher' dream last night. It was quite random! Here is the dream:

It was the first day of class and when I walked in the room I realized that the room was 'U' shaped. The desks were all facing the middle of the 'U' (So it wasn't possible to see everyone at once unless you stand behind the desks). In addition to the shape of the room, there were tons of desks and they were all filled with students and parents. There was a guy teaching the class, my class, I had no idea why. Then one of my practicum teachers walked in and took over teaching. I decided to sit in a desk. After a few minutes of teaching she turned to me and said "Shouldn't you be teaching?" so I got up and started to teach but nobody was listening. I tried to get everyone's attention but nobody heard. Then the bell rang, all the children left but all the parents stayed and were looking at me. There was one mom in front who had a piece of paper in front of her and she started consulting it while firing questions at me about how I was going to teach their students and how long I was going to be in school after the bell rings. Was I going to help the kids put on a lu'au? I calmed her worries with answers from my management plan (No idea how that worked and then all the parents left). The guy that was teaching earlier was still in the room. He told me to follow him as it was my turn to teach art.

I started following him down the hallway and realized that my school had its own swimming pool and ice rink! When I commented on it he told me that I would be teaching swimming and ice skating in the future but for now to just focus on art but not to worry because I had volunteers to help me with the art teaching. When we got to the art room I saw my volunteers. One volunteer was a boy from my freshman ward and the other was the brother of a friend from Vegas. They told me that the kids had already had their lesson and it was time to go to lunch so we left for the lunchroom.

While walking in the hall to lunch I saw all of my ELED friends talking about their internships but I knew nothing about mine so I hurried along to the microwave so that I could cook my lunch. I opened up my bag of popcorn (What else would I have?) and put it in the microwave for three minutes then I went to sit down. Jonathan (from catering) was sitting by the microwave and said, "Corrine, I think your popcorn is done" I walked back over and saw that the bag was not done (it was still popping) but it was huge! It was almost taking up the whole microwave. I told him not to worry because the popcorn was still popping but that I would stay there to make sure nothing went wrong. Then from the table next to me Chef Mindy (Also catering) told me that I didn't know how to make popcorn and there was something wrong with it. I was so upset, I know how to make popcorn! But then I noticed that the popcorn looked weird almost as if there was some aluminum foil around the bag, which I know can't go in the microwave so I decided I was done cooking my popcorn. I opened the microwave door a crack to get out my popcorn but just at that moment the bag exploded and all the popcorn was set free. I closed the door quickly, trapping all of the popcorn inside of the microwave. By now the popcorn filled every space of the microwave and I decided that the only way to clean it up was to open the microwave while holding a trash can up. I got the trash can into place  pulled open the microwave door and woke up!


No comments:

Post a Comment