Friday, May 10, 2013

My Broken Record

So I've broken my first bone and I almost didn't figure it out. I guess I had to break something eventually and better a finger than a leg, right? 


A few weeks ago for FHE they (the people in charge of FHE) decided that we were going to get together to play a game involving an exercise ball. While we were playing the ball got jammed into my finger and it started to swell (I talked about it a little bit here). I put some ice on it and went home. It was sore (When I moved my pinkie finger it stung) but I could still move it so I thought it was probably just sprained. I created a splint out of a Popsicle stick and kept it on my finger for a few days until it was feeling well enough that I could move my finger without a lot of pain. It was still swollen but it hurt less. Yesterday my finger was hurting and the swelling had gone down but my finger still looked funny and I decided that going to the doctor wouldn't be a bad idea. I had an appointment today and after taking a look at my X-Rays the doctor told me that it was broken and I should splint it for a few more weeks in hopes that it gets better and the swelling goes away. 


2 comments:

  1. So did he give you something official or are you still rolling with the popsicle sticks? ;)

    ReplyDelete