Sunday, December 9, 2012

Writing to kids

The last three days in my literacy class my teacher had a special assignment for us. Two days we got to be Santa's helpers and one day we edited a students paper... These kids were so cute I thought I would share.

The paper that I edited was titled "Bob Likes Banana's" It was a story about a monkey named Bob who loved to eat bananas but ate them with the peel on so when his cousins Elvis and Presley decided to come visit he was nervous that they would laugh at him because of the way he ate bananas. He explained this to his best friend Marley who said that Bob's cousins shouldn't care how he eats the bananas because it is his choice. Bob agrees and invites his friend to come visit while his cousins are in town. In the end Bob, Marley, Elvis, and Presley all eat their bananas together. How funny is that! From a third grader... I can't wait to have my own class.

On the second to last day of class we wrote letters to some second graders answering their letters to Santa. One student addressed his letter "Dear Santa (Mom and Dad)".  These students were asking for the craziest things and the sad thing is I bet most of them will get what they want and it is all electronics! Do we really need that much technology cluttering our lives? I understand it to a point but when it is the only thing you want I think it is a problem. (Sorry got sidetracked)

The Last day of class we were asked to answer letters from a fifth grade classroom. I know what you are thinking but they all wrote the letters to Santa. In the letters they explained what they wanted for Christmas and why they should get it. At the end of the letter I read the girl asked what Santa's favorite cookie was so that she could make it for him, so cute! But I think the funniest letter was the letter that my friend had to answer. The student had asked for a Blue Ipad mini, a smart phone with unlimited data/talk/text, and a large pillow pet. She said she should get the Blue Ipad mini because blue is a good color and it is cheaper than a regular Ipad. She deserved the phone because she didn't have one and she deserved the large pillow pet because she had a small one but she wanted a big one. Sounds like some pretty good reasoning, right?

I just think it is funny what students come up with and I am so excited to get the chance to work with some older students next semester and have those new experiences!

Also as a sidenote... Look at this cake I made for Megan Mitton's surprise party! It is a (homemade) three layer devils food cake with an almond frosting and marshmallow fondant and it was delicious! The black square on the front was going to be a missionary nametag but I'm just not that talented ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment