Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartbreak...


My heart hurts…

I was on the internet today to check my email and I saw the news. There was a shooter at an elementary school. There was not yet any news about how many had died but there was news that one shooter was dead while another was at large. After reading that article I continued to search for further information concerning this tragedy. I later found that the counts were high, so high that the deaths are much greater than the Columbine shooting. (here is the CNN report)

20 children and 6 adults…

First Graders I can’t imagine how devastating this is for the parents and families of those who were killed in this massacre. I am sick to my stomach at the thought of this happening in an elementary school where we strive to make our students feel safe.

I am heartbroken at what has happened and I am praying for those immediately effected by this tragedy. I know that Heavenly Father is looking after everyone involved and that his angels are helping the families and the children. I was talking to a woman today who shared with me her idea of the other side of things: “I often imagine the other side of things can you imagine how Heavenly Father and Christ are up there breaking the news of what has happened and preparing a welcoming for these poor children and adults who are soon to be arriving?” I think that that is a sweet image to keep in mind. I want to focus on the fact that those who have died are being taken care of on the other side. It is okay to mourn their loss but it is also important to accept that they are now in the hands of the Lord and he will take good care of them.

I just saw there was also a stabbing in China, I just feel so sickened.



I just saw this video that someone made and thought I would add it (Rather than take out the other)...

No comments:

Post a Comment