Saturday, April 9, 2011

Storytime


Have I mentioned that the BYU library loves me!? Case in point:
Last year I had a late fee at the library. It wasn’t much it was only a couple of dollars, but it wasn’t too bad. I went to the library to go check out a book and the guy at the desk told me that I couldn’t get a book because I had a fine, but since it was the first time I had been given a fine he could clear it for me and I could check the book out. I thought that that was cool and I was glad that I hadn’t had to pay my fine.
This year I had a project for my children’s lit class. This project was so much fun and I had a great time doing it. For the project I needed to choose and author, I picked Roald Dahl, and then I had to give a presentation concerning the author and his books. Great project right!? It really was so much fun but every time I went to the library I checked out more books. Little did I know the children’s books at the library cannot be renewed. I thought that I had renewed all of the books that I had and that they were due the day of my presentation. Well the day of my presentation I went to the library with a duffle bag (I really did have many) full of books to return them. While I was checking them in I realized that most of the books in my bag were due a while ago and that I probably had fines on them. The BYU library charges a dollar for every day a book is late. So I had at least a ten dollar fine. Of course I didn’t want to pay it until I had to so I avoided paying it for a while. A few weeks later my roommate and I were going to do a movie night so we went to check out some movies. In order to check out the movies I had to pay my library fine so I went to the front desk. When I got there I mentioned to the lady at the front desk that I had a fine that I needed to pay so that I could check out some movies. The lady took my card and pulled up my account. She then said, “Well you haven’t had a fine for a while so I can just clear it for you” Isn’t that so amazing! So now, going into finals I just have to remember that at least the Library loves me…

No comments:

Post a Comment