Sunday, August 6, 2017

My 27 by 27

People have been asking about #my27by27 and the answer is quite simple. Before my birthday I came up with a list of 27 things I want to do by the time I turn 27. It started because one of my friends has done it a couple of times and I have liked what I've seen. It seems like an opportunity to have an adventure and improve myself and I hope to do just that!

Some of the items on my list are a little sillier and some of the items are going to take a lot of work but I have a year and I figure if I am working on them diligently I should be fine! In case you were wondering, here's my list...


  1. Picture a day (I stole this one from Jessica, it always looks so fun!)
  2. Find at least three family history names to take to the temple
  3. Attend the temple three times each month (Rotating through the ordinances) 
  4. Keep a scripture study log (My roommate is helping me out with this one)
  5. Learn 10 hymns on the piano AND be ready to play them
  6. Go to two plays
  7. Audition for something (Hopefully when I finish my masters and have more time)
  8. Five runs (I have one 5K done already)
  9. Travel somewhere I've never been (I'll take ideas...)
  10. Memorize "The Living Christ"
  11. Get a Passport (Mine is long expired)
  12. Drive the Nebo loop in the fall
  13. Try something new twice a month
  14. Go to two new temples
  15. Finish a journal (Writing is a weakness of mine)
  16. Blog once a month (Not that I have much to say but I want to work on my writing)
  17. Make a memory quilt (I've had fabric ready for years I just lack motivation)
  18. Fly Somewhere
  19. Attempt a dating app for one month (You have no idea how much this one worries me!)
  20. Dress as Belle for Halloween (Blue dress of course)
  21. Go Zip-lining (The real deal)
  22. Finish the seminary readings for the standard works 
  23. Make a crayon picture (Yay for back to school sales!)
  24. Read 5 classics (I'll take ideas)
  25. Learn my back handspring (or try...)
  26. Learn to do pull-ups (I'll aim for 2)
  27. One act of service each week
I feel like I have a pretty good mixture of ideas involved and I am really excited to see how this goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment