Sunday, August 10, 2014

San Francisco (Part 4) The Finale!

Tuesday we started with a trip to Lombard Street (Apparently it's famous). It has all kinds of twists and turns and goes on for about a block... Sounds exciting, right? Well it was... It was also quite windy, though not as windy as the bridge. We walked down one side of the block and up the other before driving down (It's a one way street) and enjoying the sights that way. The flowers in the area were very vibrant and I fell in love with one of the houses.





After our trip to the famous street we headed for the Cable Cars! They were so much fun... I'm pretty sure I could have ridden them all day. Standing on the edge of the cable cars gives me the same satisfaction of riding at the front of a speed boat. We rode two of the cable cars that go through San Francisco and it was quite exciting. At one point in time a car in front of us cleaned their windshield splashing Jessica but other than that we made it on and off the cars with ease! ;)




After getting off the Cable Cars we rushed back to the car so that we could head for the game and find parking. After parking went to the gift shop (?) area to look around. There was also a tent of stuff that was on sale. I ended up buying a shirt for five dollars (Fun fact: Jessica got the same one and we both ended up wearing them to ice cream one night). After browsing the area and taking some pictures we went inside the stadium to explore. There was an awesome Coca-Cola statue thingy that had slides in it, I was impressed. The stadium was right on the bay meaning it was freezing. I had forgotten my sweatshirt at the hotel, luckily Jessica had an extra in her car that I was able to use. The game was fun, our seats were pretty great and I learned a lot while watching the game with Jessica because she was willing to answer all my questions. I came to the verdict that I could be a baseball fan. It was a lot of fun!
Our Ice cream night picture!







On Wednesday we got up, got ready, and headed for home... It was quite the drive but we beat the estimated time on Google Maps which I consider a success! The drive home was not as pretty as the drive there, we didn't have the distraction of Lake Tahoe. I was too late to get pictures of YOLO county (in California) but we did get pictures of Thunder Mountain (in Nevada), an exciting place that was created to escape the apocalypse (Look it up). When we got back to the Provo we watched an episode of 'North and South', I had introduced Jessica to the series in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment